My first monogrammed pillowcase wasn't too hard.
I have been trying out pillowcases lately, and also have had a thing for letters for the last year or so. I love monograms! So, today I decided to just try one.
First, I used a word-processing program to print out several "m"s in various fonts, at about a 200 point size.
Then I found a little piece of linen, and redrew the M i liked to a size that would fit on the linen.
I traced the M in pencil, and then used 2 strands of green embroidery floss to outline the letter in a simple backstitch. There were some largish open areas inside the M that I filled in with some french knots.
I started a pillowcase with some compatible fabrics, and appliqued the linen to the end flap during the sewing of the pillowcase. The background fabric was shadowing through the linen, so I just slipped in a rectangular piece of cotton behind the linen.
I finished the pillowcase and was very pleased with myself!!
February 2018 Time just seems to be ticking right along. Our mini-retreat and our Staycation Beach Party were very successful and a lot o...
Even though I am now home, I have some nice memories, and now for some wonderful quilts, the photo of the quilt should be followed by the n...
Today was the final day that we spent at the convention center looking at quilts and shopping. Last night they gave the awards as well. Ad...
for the past few weeks I have been mostly working away on my Millefiore Quilt, this is what I've got up on my design wall, I w...
i am currently in Houston at the Quilt Market. I want to post lots of photos so that you can all see a bit of whats going on here, yesterda...